Evita's Book Club. (EBC)

1:36:00 pm

Hey darlings!! Hope you're having a fantastic week. I'm doing great and I'm super grateful for life, family and friends. Last week was like the worst week I've had in years. It seemed as if some forces were just out to see my downfall but nahhh, I came out stronger by God's grace.

Y'all know I have mad love for books but recently, been struggling with reading because I have so much to do which has been weighing me down a bit. I joined a book club some months ago but due to reasons beyond my comprehension, it folded up even before we had time to discuss our first read. Sad. I made another attempt to join another book club but it just didn't work out because all its members asides me reside in the USA and they physically exchange books. *sigh*


Then I thought; ' gurlll, why not start your own book club? Even if you have just 3 active members, why not give it a try?' Aha! Not a bad idea oh! As much as I despise reading soft copies of books, I can bend my rules this time because I really want to rub minds with others after reading the same book. I've done my research on book clubs with the aid of Pinterest and I can boldly say, LET'S DO THIS!                                                                                                                                              

It'll go like this; I'll choose a book for the month. Even if it'll take 3 days to complete it, I'll leave it at 3 weeks for completion so everyone has ample time to finish up. Then we'll have our discussion and review on Whatsapp which I'll in turn publish on the blog. The aim is to read one book a month. With time, we might increase it to 2 books a month.




Now, who's with me? Please guys, help me out here. Even if you know someone who might be interested, hook us up. You can send a mail to enwefahogochukwu@gmail.com to indicate your interest and we'll pick it up from there. Location is not a barrier. As far as you have a device that can connect to Whatsapp, we're good. My fellow book lovers, where y'all at??? We need to keep the reading culture alive.

Looking forward to an adventurous journey ahead. Have a splendid day?

xo, Evita.






You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. This is a great innovation. As much as I love knowledge, I am lazy at finishing up a book and that discourages me from even picking up one in the first place. But with a book club this flexible as you have described, this will encourage my likes to read more... 1 book in a month is not a bad idea.

    Keep up the inspiration dear.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lool. I know that lazy feeling when it comes to finishing a book. Been fighting it for a while now. I'd be glad if you joined us. Thanks Ugo.

      Delete
  2. First, I love your blog, Evita.
    Secondly, I looove books too so friend?
    What kind of books are you looking at. Sounds like something I'll love to do.

    PreciousCore.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Thanks Precious. It's good to have you here. I'm looking at African literature, Drama, fiction, classics...I'm just up for a good read basically. I'll be so glad if you join me in this. Hoping to get a response from you soonest. Thanks again Precious.

      Delete
    2. Hi again, Evita. African literature will do it for me. I've never been in a book club so you'll have to school me on how this goes. Looking forward to hearing from you.

      Delete
    3. Hi Precious! Happy Sunday. This book club is going to be as flexible as possible. We are going to read one book every month. 3 weeks to read and finish the book, then we'll discuss/review it on the Whatsapp group. I hope this is okay by you. So to go further, you can send me an email; enwefahogochukwu@gmail.com and then I'll add you to the Whatsapp group. I really appreciate your interest in this. Thank you so much.

      Delete
  3. Awwwww great initiative my love I've missed a lot try to catch up with you I've missed reading your blog and I'm glad finding some change while I was away xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey darling! It's so good to have you back. You were missed too.

      Delete
  4. This is such a great idea!!! Big ups to you.. my medical books won't let me read other books for now

    www.toyinwithfashion.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks hun! I know right. Medical students and their dictionary-like books. The Lord is your strength. Would have really loved to have you on board but you're always welcome whenever you're ready.

      Delete
  5. I like this idea I've been thinking about creating my own book club as well but logistics won't allow me. I look forward to following your reads!

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts