Turning 26.

12:04:00 am


Wait, so I was 16 ten years ago?! Hahahahaha!!! Yaaaaayyyyyyy!!!! Happy birthday to me! But hey, 26 looks darn good if I must say!(Lemme hail myself small) One thing I love about my birth month is the fact that it coincides with a new year which gives me this feeling of a fresh start.



 Like I mentioned hereI didn't celebrate my 25th birthday as I would have loved to because I was too focused on getting a job and taking complete charge of my life. Well, this past year has taught me a lot. Most importantly, it made me realize that I'm even stronger than I ever imagined.


Without God, I really am nothing. I'm eternally grateful to Him for the gift of life and good health. I have come to accept the fact that sometimes, we have to let go and let God do his work. In Jon Bellion's words, ''I guess if I knew his plans I guess he wouldn't be God..." Best believe God has it all planned out. All you have to do is trust and trust some more. 


I've been teased that I'm getting old and I agree. In this part of the world when a lady gets to her mid-twenties, there's so much pressure to get married and that's why most ladies hide their age. That can't be me. Marriage will come at God's appointed time. For now, I'm focused on myself. Of course, I'm thinking of marriage but it's not number 1 on my list of priorities. Thank you. 


About my outfit, black used to be my favorite colour as a teenager because it was easy to pull off and I could go unnoticed. But with age comes maturity and a definition of one's style. My style has so much evolved and I'm beginning to embrace colours. Purple remains my favorite for now. Who knows, maybe in 5 years time I'd be gushing about yellow(I dislike yellow)lol!


So I decided to style this black sheer top with my go to black pants and a camisole. I'm so in love with the floral details on the top which makes the whole outfit come alive and that's why I chose to finish off the look with the pink slingback and lipstick.


Thanks to my two amazing friends, Ebere(@hazelmilocreatives she took these lovely pictures) and Grace of  Epiphany29 for lending us her camera for the shoot. I truly appreciate your kind gestures. 


There's going to be cake today and a party in my head. LOL! The cake is for real though. It's going to be a chilled day with the usual Sunday rice and extra meat for the birthday girl. Maybe someone might just surprise me and take me somewhere nice. Haha! 

Happy birthday to me once again. May all my dreams come true.

Cheers!
Evita,xx

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. Happy Belated Birthday dear, me I want cake oh. I love your top. And yes we are nothing without God, he always has a plan for us.
    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Sarah! Your cake has been delivered😄

      Delete
  2. Ever beautiful... Nice shots.
    Happy belated birthday.
    I love the fact that you are focused on yourself. Keep the self-esteem up dear.

    Meanwhile, thank God the Cake is real though... *Smiles* Send mine through DHL.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes oo...this is my selfish year. Thanks a lot Ugo. You should have gotten your cake by now 😁😁

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday, Beautiful! I pray you have a blessed year and the beginning of great accomplishment for you. Have an awesome one.

    Ps; save me some cake o!

    Funmi x
    www.funmialabi.co.uk/wl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen!Thanks Funmi. I did save some for you.lol!

      Delete
  4. Aww, happy belated birthday dear. Wow, you don't look 26 a bit! Love the pop of pink. Hope you had fun
    Life Diary||January
    Www.laitanbee.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Olaa! Thanks a lot for the compliments. I did have fun.

      Delete

Popular Posts